Re: [Libunwind-devel] Signal SIGSEGV clears Callstack

From: Paul Pluzhnikov
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] Signal SIGSEGV clears Callstack
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 18:54:56 -0700

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 9:18 AM, Carsten Edenfeld <address@hidden> wrote:

> I am trying to use the libunwind library for getting a callstack while my
> application crashes with a segmentation fault signal.
> But, if the app crashes, I do not get a correct callstack, but always this
> output:
>

> _ZL13check_sys_sigi
>
> __restore_rt
>

> If I am using the unwind code without a (forced) exception, but instead
> directly calling the following function, everything works as expected:

I don't see anything immediately wrong with your code, and it is expected
to work (and does work here).

Please post a complete compilable test case, and also tell us what OS, what
processor, which version of libunwind and which version of GCC you are using.

One other possibly useful test is to run the program under GDB, set a
breakpoint on show_backtrace, wait for SIGSEGV and continue with "signal
SIGSEGV". At that point you should hit the breakpoint in GDB. What does
the GDB backtrace command show?

--
Paul Pluzhnikov