[Libunwind-devel] setjmp not working?

From: Ole Streicher
Subject: [Libunwind-devel] setjmp not working?
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 13:42:51 +0200

Hi,

I am working on the packaging of the "IRAF" package
<http://iraf.noao.edu/>. The package uses a special variant of
setjmp()/longjmp() called from Fortran. Due to the nature of setjmp(),
this cannot be called directly from a subroutine. In the package, this
is solved by using some assembler (see f.e. the attached file for
Linux/x86-64). This is, however, highly non-portable (while Debian
supports ~15 architectures) and so I was thinking in using a patched
libunwind-setjmp instead (which is also available for Debian).

Unfortunately, I cannot get it to work. Neither in the version provided
by Debian (resp. Ubuntu), nor in a self-compiled library, I could find
the symbol for longjmp. Is this correct? How could I get a working
versions of these?

The other question I have is how can I write a replacement for the
zsvjmp assembler code using the libunwind. I did some try (see other
attached file); however this requires the "jmpbuf.h" which seems not to
be installed by default. Is there a better way to do that?

Best regards

Ole