Re: [Libunwind-devel] setjmp not working?

From: Lassi Tuura
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] setjmp not working?
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 21:02:39 +0100

> I had the problems with both; for some reason on x86 (32 and 64 bit) the
> setjmp library appears to be almost empty. "nm *.o" in this directory gives

At least on linux, setjmp/longjmp in glibc are scrambled for security
reasons such that it's hard for an outside library to simulate it. My
recollection is that we disabled the libunwind one because of that.
More in comments in
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=libunwind.git;a=blob;f=src/setjmp/longjmp.c#l41
and in the commit at
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=libunwind.git;a=commitdiff;h=297d9cd07d7ea9b541fb13bffe418c8b2a8c3aa6