Re: [Libunwind-devel] libunwind test failure

From: Arun Sharma
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] libunwind test failure
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 21:03:18 -0700

On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 11:18 PM, Agostino Sarubbo <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sunday 17 March 2013 22:22:15 you wrote:
> Thanks for the report. The namespace issues are probably the easiest ones
> to fix.
> Ltest-bt failure is a good place to start fixing things. Do you have a
> stack trace for that case?

No. Apparently there are also other failures:
https://461958.bugs.gentoo.org/attachment.cgi?id=342312
 this happens on x86.

It looks like everything passes for you on 64 bit x86 - which is good news. That's the platform I test the most.

Three of the failures: test-async-sig and run-ptrace* are probably caused by the same underlying reason - bad or missing unwind info for some IP address (typically in some hand written asm or compiler generated stub code).

./configure --enable-debug
UNW_DEBUG_LEVEL=1 ./failing-test
should provide more data about the failure.

 -Arun