Re: [Libunwind-devel] [Patch] AArch64 port

From: Arun Sharma
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] [Patch] AArch64 port
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 10:23:55 -0700

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 3:51 AM, Yvan Roux <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi all,

this patch adds the initial support for the 64-bit ARM architecture
(a.k.a AArch64) running Linux. It was tested in the Foundation Model
with the latest Linaro openembedded image. Notice that not all the
features are working or are implemented for the moment (ptrace,
setjump and coredump unwinding are not working and fp registers
support is not fully functional -- see the  the joined testsuite.log),
but I will look at that in a second step after fixing the things I
missed or badly understood in this port. Please let me know if there
is a good way to split the patch to ease the review.

Thanks for the port! I tested that it didn't break anything on x64.

Don't know much about aarch64 - so I'm hoping that people familiar with the architecture can comment on the specifics.

Other misc comments:

* Ltest-nomalloc is an important test to fix. Otherwise libunwind will not be usable in heap profilers.
* There was one instance of lines longer than 80 cols

If there are no further comments in the next few days, I'll push your patch to the git repo.

 -Arun