[Libunwind-devel] the behavior of unw_set_caching_policy

From: Masatake YAMATO
Subject: [Libunwind-devel] the behavior of unw_set_caching_policy
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 20:36:58 +0900 (JST)

What kind of things are cached with the interface unw_set_caching_policy?

As I wrote ago I'm working on adding stack trace feature to strace.
For implementing the feature libunwind-ptrace is used.
Should I turing on the cache mechanism with unw_set_caching_policy
in the case? As far as I trying, the cache improves the performance.
However, I wonder what I should invalidate the cache.

Regards,
Masatake YAMATO