Re: [Libunwind-devel] Stack not completely resolved

From: Eugen-Andrei Gavriloaie
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] Stack not completely resolved
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 21:24:56 +0300

I’ve ended up implementing my own stack unwinder based on the SP register which
is delivered via signal handler.
Here is the info I have used:
http://www.sivachandran.in/2006/12/backtracing-from-code-in-arm.html

And I’ve hit the same problem: couldn’t get past the signal handler. Than I
have searched all over the places and found a piece of information about
CONF_ARM_UNWIND kernel option. I have activated that and everything worked like
a charm! No debug symbols needed anywhere.
For the entire thing to work, I had to add -fno-omit-frame-pointer to both libc
and my apps.

Everything works as expected, I have a <1KB text file with the stack trace if
things are going haywire in production.
I guess that putting that option on kernel and -fno-omit-frame-pointer on apps
will make libunwind perform as expected as well

Best regards,
Andrei