Re: [Libunwind-devel] On "Unwinding through 0-length frames"

From: Arun Sharma
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] On "Unwinding through 0-length frames"
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 23:27:26 -0700

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 4:03 PM, Kevin Modzelewski <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi, here's the original email:
> http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/libunwind-devel/2014-04/msg00000.html

Thanks. Somehow this one email didn't make it into my inbox. Strange.

> This "rsp=rbp" situation can occur if you have a small function, which
> requires no stack-saved variables, that calls some other function that then
> unwinds.  Here's a contrived example:

This extra constraint came from commit 9e98f15e and looks safe to
relax as far as I can see. We hit this code path only when dwarf info
is missing/invalid. So the condition is hard to reproduce by modifying
tests/Ltest-bt.c for eg because compiler always generates valid unwind
info for me :)

I'll go ahead and apply the patch as long as Lassi (hope I got his
email id right) doesn't Nack it.

 -Arun