Re: [Libunwind-devel] Increasing the DWARF_UNW_CACHE_SIZE

From: Arun Sharma
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] Increasing the DWARF_UNW_CACHE_SIZE
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2014 15:40:43 +0530

> So, what can we do about this situation? Could the cache be created on the
> heap and a function made public which can be called to tune the size of the
> cache, similar to unw_set_caching_policy? I'd welcome something like
> unw_set_dwarf_cache_size(unsigned long) or similar, which could then be set to
> a specific size.
>
> Would a patch with something like the above be accepted or is a cache on the
> heap a no-go here?

Milian: your proposal to add an API to tune the cache size sounds
reasonable. The main danger here is that libunwind is often called
from within malloc itself to track memory leaks etc. So we can't
recursively call malloc.

You can use mempool_alloc() the same way Gtrace.c does. Looking
forward to your patch!

 -Arun