Re: [Libunwind-devel] UNW_EINVAL stepping past _L_lock_686 in pthread_mu

From: Jared Cantwell
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] UNW_EINVAL stepping past _L_lock_686 in pthread_mutex_lock
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 15:15:39 -0600

I have reproduced this on ubuntu 14.04 and 13.10.  Configuration
information below.  I've also tested on 3.14 kernel and eglibc 2.18
without any luck.  Arun, if my test passes for you on 13.10 can you
provide information on your setup so I can compare?

Does the fact that gdb can unwind this stack mean anything?  Like that
the unwind information is in libpthread in some form that libunwind
doesn't quite understand?

ubuntu 14.04
3.13.0-29-generic
GNU C Library (Ubuntu EGLIBC 2.19-0ubuntu6.3) stable release version
2.19, by Roland McGrath et al.
g++ (Ubuntu 4.8.2-19ubuntu1) 4.8.2

ubuntu 13.10
3.11.0-23-generic
GNU C Library (Ubuntu EGLIBC 2.17-93ubuntu4) stable release version
2.17, by Roland McGrath et al.
g++ (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.8.1-10ubuntu9) 4.8.1

~Jared