Re: [Libunwind-devel] Time Cost of Libunwind is too expensive.

From: Vladimir Nikulichev
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] Time Cost of Libunwind is too expensive.
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 10:23:17 +0300

Hi Chenggang,

Do you use libunwind for either sampling or one-shot stack tracing?
For sampling Perf Events interface can be helpful for you.

For one shot have a look at this tool: https://github.com/tbricks/tbstack
Some numbers on Xeon(R) CPU E5-2690 0 @ 2.90GHz, for one thread:
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/libunwind-devel/2014-10/msg00008.html
Note that I measured time to freeze process and collect data, unwinding is
completed afterwards.

—
Vladimir