[Libunwind-devel] How can I decide whether a binary is complied with fra

From: Chenggang
Subject: [Libunwind-devel] How can I decide whether a binary is complied with frame pointers or not
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2014 16:34:05 +0800 (CST)

Hi, all:
     I want to unwind the call trace of a binary or kernel (linux). If I can decide whether the binary or kernel use the frame pointers, I can process the stack in 2 different ways. While they use the frame pointer, I can walk the stack in a while loop. While they don't use the frame pointers, I can copy the stack into user space, and unwind it with libunwind, like perf events.
    So, is there any way to decide the binary is compiled with frame pointers on the fly?

regards
Chenggang

thanks