Re: [Libunwind-devel] stuck in __lll_lock_wait on ARM

From: Tim Deegan
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] stuck in __lll_lock_wait on ARM
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 23:10:02 +0100

Hi,

At 17:53 -0500 on 06 Feb (1423241594), Wais Rhie wrote:
> I simply made a tiny code making dead lock on two threads and tried
> unw_step then.
>
> The stack unwinding was stopped at __lll_lock_wait like below while gdb was
> fine.
[...]
> I'm using latest libunwind from git with eglibc-linaro-2.18 on armv7 box.

This _might_ be the missing DW_CFA_val_expression issue I saw on x86_64
(see cset 4eb880e1) -- I can't tell from the logs but that was also an
unwind failure in a low-level glibc locking routine, and I didn't make
any equivalent changes for arm at the time because I hadn't got a test
case.

Cheers,

Tim.