Re: [Libunwind-devel] gold linker completely breaks libunwind

From: Arun Sharma
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] gold linker completely breaks libunwind
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 18:42:18 -0700

On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 4:34 PM, Peter Wu <address@hidden> wrote:

> FAILURE: unw_step() returned -1 for ip=7fe2c2cbf6d8
> FAIL test-async-sig (exit status: 139)
>
> Will further investigate it. Note that I also tried an ASAN build which
> has some other failure modes (even with the patch reverted). LSan hangs
> somewhere because it tries to report an issue and then calls
> libunwind...

Peter: a large part of your patch should've been a no-op. The only
logic change was in the bounds check. Reverting just that part seems
like the easiest thing to do while you investigate.

+      /* CIE must be within the segment. */
+      if (cie_offset_addr < base)
+          return -UNW_ENOINFO;

Could you verify that reverting these lines makes the crashes go away?

 -Arun