[Libunwind-devel] test-resume-sig fails with Clang 3.5 on ARM (32-bit)

From: Brian Silverman
Subject: [Libunwind-devel] test-resume-sig fails with Clang 3.5 on ARM (32-bit)
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2015 19:24:14 -0400

Hi,

[LG]test-resume-sig{,-rt} are failing for me on 32-bit ARM with Clang. Those 4 tests work fine with GCC on the same machine. This is the output when they fail:
failed to get SIGUSR2
FAILURE: detected 1 errors

Removing the second unw_step call in tests/Gtest-resume-sig.c makes them succeed. Is #ifdeffing that out in this situation the right solution or is there something else going on?

I'm doing these experiments on a Debian Jessie armhf machine using master from the libunwind git repository. Details on compiler versions:
$ gcc --version
gcc (Debian 4.9.2-10) 4.9.2
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO

$ clang-3.5 --version
Debian clang version 3.5.0-10 (tags/RELEASE_350/final) (based on LLVM 3.5.0)
Target: arm-unknown-linux-gnueabihf
Thread model: posix

Let me know if you want any information to help figure this out.

Thanks,
Brian