Re: [Libunwind-devel] Plan for future releases?

From: Harald Servat
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] Plan for future releases?
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 11:14:26 +0100

On 02/29/2016 12:55 AM, Arun Sharma wrote:
On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 11:26 PM, David Abdurachmanov
<address@hidden> wrote:

I'll put up a 1.2-rc1 tar ball tonight.

Could you look into not upstreamed patch (20123007_workaround_test-ptrace.patch)
Debian has? Maybe it's valid for everyone and makes sense to pick it up.

Oops, I missed this message. Just uploaded a -rc1 tar ball. Will look
into the patch for future release candidates and the final release.

Once again, appreciate all the work you're doing to test across many platforms.

  -Arun

JFTR, I tested 1.2rc1 on three systems (all running linux): x86-64, power8 (powerpc le) and on ARMv7 Processor rev 4 (v7l) / Samsung Exynos 5. The results of make check are attached to this mail.

The power8 and arm systems do not seem to pass all the tests cleanly. Do I need to tune the execution somehow (setting an environment variablem, for instace)?

Thanks

WARNING / LEGAL TEXT: This message is intended only for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
information which is privileged, confidential, proprietary, or exempt
from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended
recipient or the person responsible for delivering the message to the
intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing,
distributing, copying, or in any way using this message. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the sender and
destroy and delete any copies you may have received.

http://www.bsc.es/disclaimer