[Libunwind-devel] Question on header unwind.h

From: Lei Zhang
Subject: [Libunwind-devel] Question on header unwind.h
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2016 09:30:04 +0800

Hi,

One of the headers installed along with libunwind is unwind.h. But I
noticed that gcc/clang also have their own version of unwind.h. If
libunwind's unwind.h gets installed to a standard location like
/usr/include, it would be simply ignored because gcc/clang's internal
header is used in preference.

So what's the relationship among these different versions of unwind.h?
So far it seems OK to mix gcc/clang's internal unwind.h with
libunwind's library. But I don't know if that's intentional or it just
happens to work.

Could someone shed light on this?

Thanks,
Lei

PS: please CC me when replying, as I'm not subscribed