[Libunwind-devel] libunwind support for Mips

From: John Knight
Subject: [Libunwind-devel] libunwind support for Mips
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 02:32:01 +0000

Hi,

I did a brief search of the mail archives and noticed some mail suggesting support for Mips.  Can you tell me if libunwind does in fact support Mips?  If not, is it in development?

We have a number of different processor architectures (all running linux) that we would like to have backtrace support on. Unfortunately, we cannot use glibc’s backtrace capability for various reasons… so we are looking for an alternative.  In particular, we want to be able to provide a stack backtrace when an application on the router crashes due to error such as segmentation fault or illegal instruction.  The current idea is for each application to have a signal handler that catches the usual catastrophic errors and the signal handler will call code to provide backtrace.  We want something lightweight, and libunwind sounds perfect for the job, but alas, it needs to run on all of our processors… mips and arm are the big ones.

If you could let me know status on mips and arm implementations, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

John

JOHN KNIGHT
Senior Software Engineer

Belkin International

O +1
949 238 4543
M +1 949 351 1020
Belkin-WeMo-Linksys

__________________________________________________________________ Confidential This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are the property of Belkin International, Inc. and/or its affiliates, are confidential, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom this e-mail is addressed. If you are not one of the named recipients or otherwise have reason to believe that you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete this message immediately from your computer. Any other use, retention, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. Pour la version française: http://www.belkin.com/email-notice/French.html Für die deutsche Übersetzung: http://www.belkin.com/email-notice/German.html __________________________________________________________________