Re: [Libunwind-devel] use_prev_instr breaking unwind - how to stop it?

From: Doug Moore
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] use_prev_instr breaking unwind - how to stop it?
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 12:00:46 -0500

Documentation has to change anyway, since the unw_init_local docs are currently broken.

Decrementing the ip for my case (using unw_set_reg) gets me through a few unw_step calls successfully, then crashes the program.

But I can't win this fight, so I'll quit.

Maybe I can get a new cursor init function added to the API. Would the powers that be accept a change that added unw_init_local_signal, which is just like unw_init_local except that it doesn't set use_prev_instr? If not that name, the same thing by some other name? I can post that change pretty quickly, if only someone will consider it.

Doug