Re: [Libunwind-devel] unw_get_proc_info never gets unwind info

From: Dave Watson
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] unw_get_proc_info never gets unwind info
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 07:32:13 -0700

On 04/11/17 12:16 AM, Doug Moore wrote:

> For x86_64, specifically, and for dwarf generally, unw_get_proc_info does
> not set the unwind_info field of the unw_proc_info_t to any non-NULL value,
> ever.  That is because dwarf_make_proc_info passes 0 as the last argument to
> fetch_proc_info, so that dwarf_extract_proc_info_from_fde ends up not
> copying unwind info.
>
> How can one get the actual unwind info out of unw_get_proc_info?

On current master, tdep_find_proc_info is always passed 1, regardless
of whatever need_unwind_info is passed:

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=libunwind.git;a=blob;f=src/dwarf/Gparser.c;h=ede856e053e5d1716058d2e56165e9feb4a670e6;hb=HEAD#l441

Can you provide a unittest for the issue?  It looks like
unw_get_proc_info is called from both test-ptrace and test-coredump
already, and at least appears to pass on my machine (excepting the
-m32 issue just reported).