Re: [Libunwind-devel] documentation for unw_init_local_signal

From: Dave Watson
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] documentation for unw_init_local_signal
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2017 08:48:04 -0700

On 04/11/17 03:05 PM, Doug Moore wrote:
> If there was to be a new man page for unw_init_local_signal, there would be a
> reason to add another ‘see also’ to the page for unw_init_remote.  But no new
> page, so no need.
>
> The modified unw_init_local page is good enough.  It just wasn’t what I was
> expecting.

So I've still been mulling this fix over.  I'm tempted to change the interface
to:

unw_init_local_ex(unw_cursor_t, unw_context_t, int flags);

with a UNW_SIGNAL_FRAME flag - to try to future proof the interface a
bit.  Or possibly even farther,

unw_init(unw_cursor_t, unw_addr_space_t, void* arg, int flags);

I think might work too.

Any objections or suggestions?