[Libunwind-devel] libunwind: Build failing for ARM as host

From: Gautam Prajapati
Subject: [Libunwind-devel] libunwind: Build failing for ARM as host
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2017 21:12:04 +0530

Hello,

I'm experiencing a build failure when trying to cross compile for host ARM. I'm trying to build on a linux_x86-64 machine for arm-android architecture

I did ./configure --host = arm-linux-androidebi (as well as tried with just 'arm'). The configure ran successfully.

I did 'make' after that and build broke with these errors: https://pastebin.mozilla.org/9024921

I tried building normally with ./configure which detects the current OS and host architecture to be my linux machine(x86_64-pc-linux-gnu) by default. The build works fine with it. I can install library without any problems, but I need to build for ARM.

On a high-level, what I want is to utilise ARM eabi exception handling implementation from libunwind. For that, I have to import "libunwind-arm.h" header from include/ and that is why I need to build the library.

I'd appreciate any help with this.

Thanks,
Gautam Prajapati