Re: [Libunwind-devel] make check failures building libunwind with clang

From: Ajith Ramanathan
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] make check failures building libunwind with clang 4.0.1
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2017 19:37:35 -0700

Sounds great!  Thanks for the quick response.

On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 7:12 AM, Dave Watson <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Ajith,

On 07/17/17 06:31 PM, Ajith Ramanathan wrote:
> Hey guys.
>
> I'm trying to build libunwind on my system with clang 4.0.1 and I get make
> check failures.  GCC 7.1.0 works fine.  I pulled from the git repository
> and HEAD is 55eb47d6e57d.  From a clean client I execute (for the GCC
> build):

Yea last I checked clang failed on the test suite only.  The tests
check for specific unwind paths, and clang is generating slightly
different depth (due to inlining I would assume).  When I looked they
all looked harmless, but I haven't had a chance to clean them up.  The
library itself should still work fine.

Thanks