[Libunwind-devel] [WISH] unw_get_module_name()

From: Łukasz Stelmach
Subject: [Libunwind-devel] [WISH] unw_get_module_name()
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2018 10:09:06 +0200

Hi,

I am working on a (yet another) tool to analyze stack of a broken
process. Thanks to libunwind, it took me only a few days to move away
from a ptrace(2) based solution to a process_vm_readv(2) based one.
However, I find one small bit missing: a function to return module name
and offset in that module, backed, of course, by an appropriate accessor.

    unw_get_module_name(unw_cursor_t *, char *name, size_t blen,  unw_word_t
*offp);

Of course it can be implemented outside of the libunwind, but in such
case it is harder to change the access method.

Thanks for your work, kind regards.
--
Łukasz Stelmach
Samsung R&D Institute Poland