lightning

Re: [Lightning] config.h should not be included in the library header

From: Paulo César Pereira de Andrade
Subject: Re: [Lightning] config.h should not be included in the library header
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2019 13:54:17 -0400

Em qui, 29 de ago de 2019 às 04:21, Marc Nieper-Wißkirchen
<address@hidden> escreveu:

> Dear Paulo,

  Hi Marc,

> here is a patch. The actual code seen by the compiler didn't change so
> it is safe even for some ancient targets:

  Applied. I did manually apply it because I had applied a few others
before, but was applied verbatim. Also git push'ed it.

[...]

> What I haven't changed yet (but should be considered to be changed in
> some future version of lightning) is renaming of "__WORDSIZE",
> "__LITTLE_ENDIAN", and so forth, to something like "JIT_WORDSIZE",
> "JIT_LITTLE_ENDIAN" so that we don't mess with reserved namespaces.
> (There may be more "__"-identifiers occurring in the machine-specific
> include files.

  I agree that this needs some rework. Just that it might require a quite
large search&replace in the code. For a very small patch, it would require
duplicate logic to get a clean environment only for lightning.h, otherwise,
for building the library could keep the non standard identifiers, for the
sake of not breaking ancient test platforms without access now.

> Best,
>
> Marc

Thanks!
Paulo