lightning

Re: GNU Smalltalk test suite failure with lightning 2.2.2

From: Paulo César Pereira de Andrade
Subject: Re: GNU Smalltalk test suite failure with lightning 2.2.2
Date: Mon, 22 May 2023 09:49:17 -0300

Em seg., 22 de mai. de 2023 às 01:01, Andy Tai <atai@atai.org> escreveu:

> Additional info:

  Hi,

  GNU Smalltalk uses an embedded Lightning 1.x if built with --enable-jit.

  I believe I lost most if no all emails I did exchange about porting
lightning 2.x to work with gnu smalltalk.

  Last time I tested, a few months ago, I believe only the debugger test failed.

  But I tested a very old branch, with patches at
https://github.com/pcpa/smalltalk/compare/master...scratch-lightning-branch

> it seems this GNU Smalltalk has the same problem with GNU Lightning
> 2.2.1, 2.2.0 and 2.1.4   what I have tried so far)
>
> On Sat, May 20, 2023 at 9:34 PM Andy Tai <atai@atai.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hi, this is regarding GNU Smalltalk test suite failure when building
> > with GNU Lightning at 2.2.2
> >
> > Context: I was trying to upgrade lightning package in GNU Guix to 2.2.2.
> >
> > GNU Guix is a source based GNU/Linux distribution so the way it works
> > is that it runs the test suites of packages included in it as part of
> > process ofm upgrading package receipts.   In the build check it was
> > discovered that GNU Smalltalk will fail in test suites when lightning
> > is upgraded to 2.2.2.
> >
> > I am trying to report this to GNU Smalltalk but it has no bug tracker
> > and it mailing list is not very active; I am still waiting for
> > subscribing to the mailing list.
> >
> > In any case, it seems GNU Smalltalk uses lightning. With this issue I
> > cannot tell if it is a bug in GNU Smalltalk or GNU Lightning  So I
> > will bring it up here first.
> > with GNU Lightning at 2.2.2, then building GNU Smalltalk:
> > key parts of log:

  Please check if you can get some GNU Smalltalk contact. I would like
to talk with any person involved again.

Thanks!
Paulo