lilypond-auto

Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 1316 in lilypond: Enhancement: improved << \\

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 1316 in lilypond: Enhancement: improved << \\ >> polyphonic shortcut notation
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 02:27:18 +0000

Comment #4 on issue 1316 by address@hidden: Enhancement: improved << \\ >> polyphonic shortcut notation

I think we need an example of desired input and desired output, where it helps for << \\ >> to "Do the Right Thing," so we know what the right thing is.

The automatic voice-splitter is "voicify-music" and helper functions in 'music-functions.scm'. It is functional-programming-style Scheme that I can't quite follow, but it *does* seem to expand << a \\ b \\ c >> into the Scheme representation of
<< \context Voice = "1" {\voiceOne a}
   \context Voice = "2" {\voiceTwo b}
   \context Voice = "3" {\voiceThree c} >>

That is rather predictable, so if I really want to connect slurs into the << \\ >>, I just tell Lilypond which context the beginning of the slur should have:
 \relative f { d'4 \context Voice="2" g_( << b) \\ d,) >> g4 }

Do we always want the /first/ context to be the same as the existing context ?
 "1" -> "PianoUpper"  and "2" -> "PianoUpper2" ?
If so, do we always want to reset the existing to \oneVoice, or would we need to save and restore the existing context settings ?