lilypond-auto

Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 1320 in lilypond: Enhancement: user-customizab

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 1320 in lilypond: Enhancement: user-customizable barlines through a Scheme interface.
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 06:27:48 +0000

Comment #52 on issue 1320 by address@hidden: Enhancement: user-customizable barlines through a Scheme interface.

Regarding comment #49: this acts the other way round: LY_DEFINE generally wants the ly: prefix.

Functions like ly:music-message, ly:music-warning, ly:inexact->string and others are defined in Scheme.

If you are redefining functions with a public interface to have a different name, you need a convert-ly rule (in which case the snippets will be taken care of anyway after running makelsr). You can't just change the stuff inside of LilyPond and say "if user code breaks", and I quoted existing code shown on mailing lists, "it is a problem I don't need to concern myself with".

I see no actual point to doing such a change: nobody says "oh, this starts with ly:, so I will look through every file in the lily directory to see whether I can find it manually". People use grep.

But if you insist on changing all the names, you need convert-ly rules for them.