lilypond-auto

[Lilypond-auto] Issue 2728 in lilypond: count pairs of brackets

From: lilypond
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2728 in lilypond: count pairs of brackets
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2012 09:09:17 +0000

Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Enhancement Frog

New issue 2728 by address@hidden: count pairs of brackets

A really common failure mode when writing .ly files is to omit a closing } somewhere. Could we count all non-escaped { and }, and emit a specific error message if the numbers don't match, instead of giving the silly

Processing `foo.ly'
Parsing...
/home/gperciva/.usr/lilypond/usr/share/lilypond/current/ly/init.ly:35:0: error: syntax error, unexpected SCM_TOKEN

#(if (and (ly:get-option 'old-relative)
fatal error: failed files: "foo.ly"

message? I think this is suitable for a Frog interested in the parser/lexer/that side of things. I mean, computers are good at counting.