lilypond-auto

Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3304 in lilypond: Unequal spacing in odd n-tup

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3304 in lilypond: Unequal spacing in odd n-tuplet with other simultaneous subdivisions
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 22:32:03 +0000

Updates:
        Labels: -Patch-review Patch-needs-work

Comment #9 on issue 3304 by address@hidden: Unequal spacing in odd n-tuplet with other simultaneous subdivisions

The test results didn't make it into the zip file linked above, so I put them here for a while at least <http://k-ohara.oco.net/Lilypond/test-results-3304/>

Several repeated-music tests fit on fewer lines, and my own music often fits on fewer lines in a way that I like, but the real-music tests like mozart-horn-3 and the Bach Cello Suite have line-breaks unchanged by this patch (even when I remove the manual \breaks).

I did not like the change to 'beam-quanting-horizontal.ly'. In normally-spaced music the spacing of 16th and 32nd notes are not much different. The old code let the difference grow significantly on lines where those notes needed to stretch out, which is nice.

I think I can have the note-spacer routines report the nice natural spacing and stretchability to the upper-level routine, and let that upper-level routine set stretchability between interleaving voices, so all these cases come out nice.