lilypond-auto

Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3664 in lilypond: Patch: Support articulations

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3664 in lilypond: Patch: Support articulations, slurs and breaths in MIDI.
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 19:06:14 +0000

Comment #39 on issue 3664 by address@hidden: Patch: Support articulations, slurs and breaths in MIDI.

Ok, regarding comment #34: yes, a separate issue for documenting the change. The problem is that we have basically a 1:1 connection with issues and Rietveld reviews. When a change has been pushed, the push is listed in the issue description, and the issue is marked as "Fixed" and tagged with a version. When the version is released, the bug squad checks that the change made it into the released version, and then marks the issue as "verified". If several reviews are attached to an issue in several states of progress, this does not work.

It becomes impossible for the bug squad to verify an issue to have been completed if more than the last Rietveld review contain patches to be pushed.

There is the rare exception that an already verified issue is found to not have been completely fixed: in that case it may get reopened with a new patch. That's not the case here.

I just pushed a patch to staging that is already an update to this issue. Which is quite a mess. I can't, in the current state, list its push message here and mask the issue as fixed since you attached a patch under review to this issue.

So the solution is to open a new issue, add references from one issue to the other, and do the rest of the followup issue there.