lilypond-auto

Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3304 in lilypond: Unequal spacing in odd n-tup

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3304 in lilypond: Unequal spacing in odd n-tuplet with other simultaneous subdivisions
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2013 23:57:28 +0000

Updates:
        Owner: address@hidden
        Labels: -Patch-review Patch-new

Comment #41 on issue 3304 by address@hidden: Unequal spacing in odd n-tuplet with other simultaneous subdivisions

I did not plan to make any effort in response to the issues you raised because they are rather vague, so was leaving he patch Abandoned (which I tried to do a few days ago) for anybody else to pick up. If nobody picks it up in a month or so I'll move it along.

The case in comment #37 uses a \mark, and marks *do* cause extra space in a naturally-spaced line, both before and after the patch. It just happens that the extra compressibility that caused the tuplets to get even at the top of the issue also closed up the space around the mark in the compressed line of comment #37. Maybe keeping the old behavior would be nice around 'non-musical' columns like those made by \mark (and \clef and \key) and if so you might revise the patch.

The case in comment #36 seems to have two ways to do the line breaking, that LilyPond scores nearly equally. I have only a vague idea of how the changes in the patch would tilt the balance between those two choices.

On the Rietveld patch linked here, the space for ledger lines has been a removed since the last patchy-run, so we should not go directly to patch-review. That patch still looks good to me.