lilypond-auto

Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3731 in lilypond: Patch: Adds outside-staff-in

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3731 in lilypond: Patch: Adds outside-staff-interface and outside-staff-axis-group-interface
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 06:51:08 +0000

Comment #18 on issue 3731 by address@hidden: Patch: Adds outside-staff-interface and outside-staff-axis-group-interface

Tabs fixed, so pushed as 9bac5472e52293d213b698a251035a1f1d9c5e0d.

I'm anticipating a bit of breakage from this patch as users report back issues of grobs not being affected by outside-staff-priority. I did my best to avoid this by manually checking every grob, but there may be usage cases that I did not anticipate. Sorry in advance - it is an easy fix, as the interface just needs to be added for those grobs.

Alternatively, there are some grobs (like lyrics) that should probably never have an outside staff priority but for which the property used to work (for example, to place lyrics over or under alternative endings - it was theoretically possible). If users have been using it for that, we should find another solution besides outside-staff-priority, as it is an abuse of the concept (there is no staff to be outside of). I'm not thrilled w/ their use in ChordNames either for this reason, but I added it because of the test case David brought up.