lilypond-auto

Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4216 in lilypond: space-alist can't control di

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4216 in lilypond: space-alist can't control distance between time signature and note with accidental
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2014 06:48:19 +0000

Comment #5 on issue 4216 by address@hidden: space-alist can't control distance between time signature and note with accidental

The very thing is that the current interface is not sufficient. What's necessary is a finer control of distances between two grob classes. To solve my problem in a satisfying way I would need an `extra-spacing-width' that influences the distance between accidentals and time signatures only.

Attached are three real-world images that illustrate this. `zzz.default.png' uses the default settings, `zzz.alist.png' uses `space-alist.first-note = #'(extra-space . 0.1)', and `zzz.alist.extra.png' additionally uses `extra-spacing-width = #'(0 . 0.5)'.

In the second image, the distance between time signatures and notes without accidentals is OK. In the third image, the distance between time signatures and notes with accidentals is OK, but now the distance between time signatures and notes without accidentals is too small!

For these reasons I'm not sure that `invalid' correctly classifies this bug tracker issue.

Attachments:
        zzz.default.png  56.7 KB
        zzz.alist.png  56.4 KB
        zzz.alist.extra.png  56.3 KB