lilypond-auto

Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3687 in lilypond: only full-measure-rests shou

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3687 in lilypond: only full-measure-rests should be able to compress
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 10:50:07 +0000

Comment #3 on issue 3687 by tdanielsmusic: only full-measure-rests should be able to compress

Well, I've not been overwhelmed with responses, but at least no one has said this is a stupid idea. Let me flesh it out a little more. Here's what I propose:

1. Add a new \compressMMRests music function as sketched out above, whose action is limited to full-measure rests only.

2. Amend the docs to use the new function instead of \compressFullBarRests and \expandFullBarRests.

3. Rename \compressFullBarsRests and \expandFullBarsRests to \compressEmptyMeasures and \expandEmptyMeasures, which more accurately express what setting skipBars actually does, together with a convert-ly entry to cover this change.

4. Perhaps modify the use of skipBars in Ancient music to use \compressEmptyMeasures and \expandEmptyMeasures instead.

Trevor