lilypond-auto

Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4559 in lilypond: Immediately subsequent slurs

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4559 in lilypond: Immediately subsequent slurs and/or ties must not touch each other
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2015 18:51:07 +0000

Comment #3 on issue 4559 by address@hidden: Immediately subsequent slurs and/or ties must not touch each other

I was on the verge of writing a quite annoyed remark, but I shouldn’t be blinded by love for this wonderful and impressive engraving. :-) You’re right; especially the ‘stamp’ argument hits the point. I don’t think readability is harmed by the touching, but after all I reported this issue myself from a certain unease. Eulenburg #425, plate no. 4558 (Brahms Symphony I) apparently has a different use of slur/tie stamps and, although many things are touching and crossing, subsequent slurs/ties are usually separated.