lilypond-auto

[Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] #298 Ties do n

From: Auto mailings of changes to Lily Issues
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] #298 Ties do not appear when shortened because of an accidental
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2017 22:11:38 +0000

Another exmaple of tie obscured by accidental: compare fis vs f at counts 3 and 9
\version "2.18"
{
\key g \major
\time 12/8
\tempo 4. = 132

g8~
<g~ d'~="">8
<g~ d'~="" fis'~="">8
<g~ d'~="" fis'~="" b'="">8
<g~ d'~="" fis'~="" d''="">8
<g~ d'~="" fis'~="" g''="">8
g8~
<g~ d'~="">8
<g~ d'~="" f'~="">8
<g~ d'~="" f'~="" b'="">8
<g~ d'~="" f'~="" d''="">8
<g~ d'~="" f'~="" g''="">8

}

[issues:#298] Ties do not appear when shortened because of an accidental

Created: Wed Feb 14, 2007 07:58 PM UTC by Anonymous
Last Updated: Fri Apr 14, 2017 09:48 PM UTC
Owner: nobody

Originally created by: *anonymous

Originally created by: address@hidden

Steve D posted a long email that pertains to ties between single and
multiple voice sections of notation of polyphonic instruments.

He later wrote:

From my point of view, the bug, if there is a bug besides the fact that the tie is not visible because it is so short, is that the tie stops short of an accidental symbol that is not associated with the note being tied, and in addition, that note happens to be the top (or
bottom) note of a chord.

It seems to me that, ideally, when either the top or bottom note of a chord is tied, the tie should extend from notehead to notehead, or from the first notehead to an accidental (if there is one) preceding the second notehead, *if* and only if that accidental belongs to the note being tied instead of another note in close proximity (another note that is perhaps an interval of a second or third from the note being tied). Otherwise, if it is a top or bottom note of a chord, the tie should (again, merely from my current perspective) arc over (or under) the accidental symbol of another note in order to nearly connect to the notehead of the note that is being tied. (if that makes any sense) :-)

I can imagine cases where the current behavior of LilyPond (2.11.13 in this case) would seem appropriate, if the tie is between two notes that are not at the top or bottom of a chord.

Sent from sourceforge.net because address@hidden is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/