Re: Gub / Windows Subsystem for Linux

From: Knut Petersen
Subject: Re: Gub / Windows Subsystem for Linux
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2019 08:50:32 +0200

On 27.07.19 05:20, Karlin High wrote:
On Fri, Jul 26, 2019 at 4:36 AM Knut Petersen <address@hidden> wrote:
You should also try

bin/gub mingw::lilypond
bin/gub mingw::lilypad
Both of those worked, before setting up qemu.

I would try the qemu method first, because it would be easier to use for more
people.
After qemu, there was further progress. I tried...

bin/gub darwin-x86::odcctools

...and it did succeed on the odcctools package itself. But then it got
stuck on darwin-x86::cross/gcc, although it chewed on it for awhile.
That means compiling and executing 32-bit code worked (odcctools does test
that).

I probably need some time to figure out why building cross/gcc failed.

But as 32-bit works in principle, with the help of qemu it is time to try
to build the windows installer:

   bin/gub mingw::lilypond-installer

If that succeeds there will be a lilypond-2.21.0-1.mingw.exe in ./uploads.

Knut