Compiling instructions for macOS 10.15 Catalina

From: tansongchen
Subject: Compiling instructions for macOS 10.15 Catalina
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2019 13:47:10 -0700 (MST)

After updating the macOS to Catalina, I tried to use Lilypond by MacPorts:
Download Xcode and its command-line tools;
Build MacPorts for sources;
Run sudo port install lilypond-devel in the Terminal.
However, it failed when building Perl dependencies (instead of GCC 8
suggested  here
<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/lilypond-does-not-work-with-Mac-OS-10-15-Catalina-td224189.html>

)
I would like to know if we will have further instructions on this topic. If
possible, I suggest we can summarize it as some documentation.

--
Sent from: http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/Dev-f88644.html