Re: make distclean now posts warning since commit b7532cf6e6d9

From: Dan Eble
Subject: Re: make distclean now posts warning since commit b7532cf6e6d9
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2019 14:33:24 -0400

On Oct 13, 2019, at 04:11, James <address@hidden> wrote:

> I get the following messages - that I never used to get - when I run a make
> distclean

I checked out the previous commit (5674d4570d), wiped my build directory, ran
autogen, and then this:

    make -j3 CPU_COUNT=3 test-baseline 2>&1 | tee make_output.txt

And I conclude from the following that those warnings were there before.
They’re probably more noticeable now that the output isn’t so profuse.

    $ grep "overriding recipe" make_output.txt
    /home/user/lilypond-src/./input/regression/lilypond-book/GNUmakefile:22:
warning: overriding recipe for target 'local-test’
    /home/user/lilypond-src/./input/regression/lilypond-book/GNUmakefile:25:
warning: overriding recipe for target 'out/collated-files.list’
    . . .

I’ve been working on improving the regression test process.  I think I can fix
the local-test warning at the same time.  The collated-files.list warning is
possibly too involved to tackle now.

Regards,
—
Dan