Re: gub targets + binary packages

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: gub targets + binary packages
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2019 20:53:54 +0200

Am Montag, den 21.10.2019, 21:56 -0500 schrieb Karlin High:
> On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 11:39 AM Jonas Hahnfeld <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Just to double-check: You built on Linux, copied the binaries to macOS and
> > were able to execute them? Because as far as I understand, releases are not
> > built natively right now...
> >

> All correct. GUB on Ubuntu on VirtualBox on Windows 7.
> > if python -V doesn't crash and prints 3.7.4 I would be happy for now.
>
> I haven't done much yet. I went to this file path...
>
> /Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/MacOS

(Does GUB really produce a LilyPond.app?)Anyway, right now GUB is not using
Python 3 for building LilyPond, so you need to manually copy the built Python
3.7.4 from GUB to your Mac.
> ...and then ran the command...
>
> ./python --version
>
> ...and it said...
>
> Python 2.6.6

So yeah, that's not correct. But until now GUB should have built Python 2.4.5,
so where is version 2.6.6 coming from?
Jonas