Re: What is holding up 2.20 release?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: What is holding up 2.20 release?
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2019 22:45:10 +0100

Jonas Hahnfeld <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi David,
>
> Am Montag, den 18.11.2019, 18:10 +0100 schrieb Jonas Hahnfeld:
>> Am Samstag, den 16.11.2019, 21:52 +0100 schrieb David Kastrup:
>> > Carl Sorensen <
>> > address@hidden

>> > And putting out a new prerelease to be sure that those are ok, and
>> > waiting for the translators to catch up with cherry-picked patches
>> > containing stuff to be translated.
>> >
>> > But the current roadblock is David K. cherry-picking some patches.  Here
>> > is a remaining list (not completely up to date with current master,
>> > though not missing much) to check for possible inclusion (assuming I
>> > have not overlooked something important pickable in the sequence
>> > before).  If you see something important here (or something not in
>> > current master), put in a word for it.
>>
>> Thanks for the list of candidates, I processed around half of it for
>> now (+ some dependencies as mentioned below).
>> All commits that I think should be "picked" are also readily available
>> in my branch origin/dev/hahnjo/stable-2.20. Let me know if those are ok
>> and I can easily push to stable/2.20.
>
> I've noticed that you picked a handful of commits to stable/2.20 last
> week. Does it still make sense for me to maintain my branch (and
> continue going through the list) if you're doing the work yourself
> anyhow?

I've worked from your list so far, checking the stuff individually,
skipping over things that just were too rife in conflict and so on, and
using cherry-pick -x for keeping better track.  I'm not yet through the
annotated commit list you posted.  I've been working with your
preparatory work and its description but not with your branch.

Does this help you deciding where to focus?  As long as we have no
formal handoff of release manager duties (I won't rule that out
eventually but it seems like you'd deserve more preparation than what
you got), I think that's sort-of reasonable.

--
David Kastrup