Re: make test-baseline fails

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: make test-baseline fails
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2019 11:57:22 +0100

Hi James,

Am Sa., 7. Dez. 2019 um 11:43 Uhr schrieb James <address@hidden>:

> Hello

> >> https://codereview.appspot.com/551250043/
> >> —
> >> Dan
> >>
> > Hi Dan,
> >
> > after applying your patch all of `make´, `make test-baseline´ and
> > `make check´ (on unchanged master) work.
> > I now start testing my patch...
> >
> > To be complete, configure with --disable-FEATURE , here --disable-tidy
> > didn't do the trick.
> >
> > Btw, to get access to the "flip"-functionality I need to allow it in
> > NoScript of my firefox. Intended?
> >

> > Nevertheless we seem to have a problem with ghostscript 9.51 (see my
> > initial post)
>
> I am using gs 9.26, I don't use Tidy when testing (simply because it
> isn't required).

I didn't understand how to exclude tidy, other than as adviced by Dan
further aboce in this thread.
How do you do so?

> So apart from 'required' things breaking as newer versions come out (e.g
> Ghostscript), should I be testing patches with required AND non-required
> components installed? Or should I be testing them with ONLY required
> components but then we should make patchy-staging use required AND
> non-required?
>
> Else we get into a mess with who has what on which system they happen to
> be building from.

I'd be fine testing with required components only. If optional
components fail, than it's a bug, worth reporting (as I did above) and
fixing (as done by Dan).

The ghostscript 9.51 problem will likely beat us in future, though
this version isn't released as far as I know, it was selfcompiled out
of their current master.

My two cents,
  Harm