Re: GUB newbie question

From: Marco Atzeri
Subject: Re: GUB newbie question
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2019 10:26:39 +0100

Am 27.12.2019 um 10:32 schrieb Jacques Menu:
Le 26 déc. 2019 à 23:42, Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> a écrit :

On 12/26/19, 3:39 PM, "lilypond-devel on behalf of Jacques Menu"
<lilypond-devel-bounces+c_sorensen=address@hidden on behalf of address@hidden> wrote:

    What is is exactly that fails when building LilyPond on those various OSes?
Dependencies of some kind, or basic compilation problems of Lily’s code base?

It's been too long since I tried it for me to give you a really good answer.
Most likely the difficulty was getting appropriate versions of the dependencies
installed.

If you can get all the dependencies installed properly, then the compilation
process will work, because it's all automated.

Carl

Which dependencies are the most critical in this respect?

JM

building on cygwin requires these dependencies

guile1.8-1.8.8-3
libfontconfig1-2.13.1-1
libfreetype6-2.9.1-1
libgcc1-7.4.0-1
libglib2.0_0-2.54.3-1
libguile17-1.8.8-3
libintl8-0.19.8.1-2
libpango1.0_0-1.40.14-1
libstdc++6-7.4.0-1
python2-2.7.16-1

so you need at least the devel version of the packages
(or equivalent names on your distribution)

libguile1.8-devel
libfontconfig-devel
libfreetype-devel
libglib2.0-devel
libintl-devel
libpango1.0-devel

plus of course gcc compiler, automake, autoconf.
Building documentation may need some more but as
it is really time consuming and the documentation
is already available in a separate package you can skip it.