Re: Documentation suggestions.

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Documentation suggestions.
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2019 15:06:06 -0500

Hi Peter (et al.),

> 2. Neither LM nor NR mention that the default language for entering pitches
> is English.

It is?! When did that change?

If I write

    \version "2.19.83"
    { fis'4 }

it compiles without error. So I think the default is not English.

> 6. NR Section 3.2 'Titles and Headers" is very confusing: the word "header"
> is used both for the \header command and for page headers. It is obviously
> far too late to change the former

It’s never too late to improve the Lilypond codebase.  ;)
Indeed, that’s exactly what convert-ly is for.

> Also - should it be "Contributors' Guide". Presumably you have more than one
> contributor.

It’s fine as is: it’s a guide for you to use if you’re a contributor.
One doesn’t [usually] find a "Users’ Guide", right?

Cheers,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer (he/him/his)
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info