experimental code on Gitlab (bend-spanner repository)

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: experimental code on Gitlab (bend-spanner repository)
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 00:07:51 +0200

Hi

I'm writing to ask the permission to place some "experimental" code in a repository within the LilyPond group.
The project would be called bend-spanner, so the link would be:
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/bend-spanner

Of course the description would highlight that it's a work in progress of a new feature which may be included in LilyPond eventually, when it's mature enough.

The author of the code is Harm. I'm only the "git maintainer", as Harm posted the files on lilypond-user mailing list but never in a repository. I decided to put it in a git repository to make things easier for any potential user.

It's currently hosted here:
https://pagure.io/lilypond-bend-spanner

Why moving it to Gitlab?

- It would have more visibility for users as well as developers.
- Perhaps Harm may start working on that repository instead of posting files on the mailing list :-) as he has an account on Gitlab. Well, if he doesn't, I'll keep up my git maintainer role.

More details about this bend-spanner feature here:
http://lilypondblog.org/2017/03/the-story-of-string-bending-in-lilypond/
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2020-09/msg00272.html

Thanks
Federico