Re: How to shift trill to below phrasing slur?

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: How to shift trill to below phrasing slur?
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2020 21:07:22 +0100

Am Di., 1. Dez. 2020 um 16:31 Uhr schrieb Andy Bradford
<amb-sendok-1609426720.icbhmndemdbjgcedhine@bradfords.org>:

> Hello,
>
> I have a small section of music that has a trill that Lilypond places on
> top of a phrasing  slur, but I would like it  beneath (between the staff
> and the slur).
>
> I've tried to use:
>
> -\tweak Y-offset #-3 \trill
>
> And it doesn't seem to have any effect at all (even though modifications
> to the X-offset do). I've also looked at the avoid-slur property but I'm
> not sure I know how to use  it (and attempts I've made haven't seemed to
> make a difference).
>
> Here's MWE:
>
> \version "2.18.2"
>
> \score {
>   {
>     \time 12/8
>     \relative c' {
>       a8 b\( c a b c d e f d e f
>       g a b g a b c2.
>       d2.\trill \grace { c16 d } e2.\)
>     }
>   }
> }
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.
>
> Andy

Hi,

avoid-slur is the correct method:

%#(ly:set-option 'debug-skylines #t)

\score {
  {
    \time 12/8
    \relative c' {
      a8 b\( c a b c d e f d e f
      g a b g a b c2.
      \once \override Script.avoid-slur = #'inside
      d2.\trill \grace { c16 d }
      e2.\)
    }
  }
}

Though, for unrelated reasons I had enabled 'debug-skylines and
noticed the last part of the PhrasingSlur is not recognized from
skylines. See attached image (done with current master).
A bug?

Thus, cc-ing -devel.

Cheers,
  Harm