LilyPond Visual Index for forthcoming version 2.26

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: LilyPond Visual Index for forthcoming version 2.26
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2023 10:06:22 +0000 (UTC)

Folks,

I've attached my current version of the LilyPond Visual Index that now
covers all grobs.  The source code for these two pages is more than
52kByte...

My original idea was to make the Visual Index part of the NR (thus the
large paper margins), with a preceding extra page for some
explanations.  However, there is a very severe drawback for the PDF
version of the NR if I do so: Due to technical limitations (or rather,
lack of support currently), all links in an included PDF document are
lost – since the very idea of this document is to have clickable
links, I think it doesn't make sense to embed it.

Instead, I believe it is best to add a small section in the NR
appendix that describes the Visual Index and shows a small image of
it.  If you click on the image you get to the stand-alone PDF
document.

WDYT?

    Werner