Re: MR milestones

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: MR milestones
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2023 20:29:23 +0200

On Thu, 2023-06-22 at 14:32 +0200, Jean Abou Samra wrote:
> Recently, GitLab gained a "bulk edit" button in the MR view.

This button has "always" been there ...

> That means the person doing the release (currently Jonas) can
> easily assign all the MRs merged during the release in a few
> clicks, without having to go through each MR

... and I already use it (and Phil used it before me).

> which reduces the incentive to assign milestones manually just
> after merging. Should we declare having the milestone assigned
> on release as the norm?

It doesn't really matter, the step in the release procedure is just
there to catch merge request without a milestone assigned. If there are
some where the author has already taken care of this, that's fine.

Cheers
Jonas

P.S. Can you maybe update your mail client's settings to break lines
more reasonably? Right now, it seems to break at column 200 which is
extremely long and for example in my clients means it looks quite
weird...