Re: \magnifyStaff breaks chords with 2nds

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: \magnifyStaff breaks chords with 2nds
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2019 19:13:22 +0200

Thanks for reporting, Dominic. This is a bug—so you could have written directly to the bug list ;-) no worries, though.

I created <https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/5522/>.

Best, Simon

On 29.05.19 22:30, Dominic wrote:
I am using the latest unstable version (2.19.83), but have also tested with
LilyBin (2.19.48).

Here is a tiny example:

/\version "2.19"
\new Staff \with
        { \magnifyStaff #(magstep -0.5) }
                \relative { \stemDown <f' d c>4 }/

The chord contains the interval of a 2nd, so it should have one of its notes
offset to the other side of the stem. When the magstep value is exactly
-0.5, this does not happen. With all other values (that I have quickly
tried), the chord is drawn correctly.

<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/t4077/magnifyStaff_bug.png>